In 1173 the cornerstone of the Campanile, the bell tower of Pisa, was laid. Constructed of white Carrara marble, it was to be 328 ft. high and the jewel of the complex on the Piazza dei Miracoli (Square of Miracles). The architect, Bonanno Pisano made his calculations without considering the softness of the ground, so that by the construction of the third story it began to lean. It was not until 200 years later and many disruptions that it was finally finished at 177 ft. high.
Contents: 216 piece plastic 3D shaped jigsaw puzzle with plastic trimmings and detail.